Before you sign-up, make sure you understand the rules of the game…
- You must fill out and turn in the Marin County participation authorization form at the event.
- You must be registered to participate in the event. Registration is open to Marin County 7th through 12th grade students and students at Marin County community colleges. For more information email us directly.
- Explore the Marin County Data on the Marin County open data portal.
- Entries must be apps or concepts that clearly benefit the citizens of Marin County.
- Each participating team will have the from 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on April 1st, 2017 to work on their app or concept.
- App entries may be any kind of application – be it for the web, a personal computer, a mobile
handheld device via SMS, or for any software platform broadly available to the public.
- Concept entries should be presented in a way that communicates their intent or vision - and
how this would be achieved technologically.
- Entries must not be indecent, defamatory, in obvious bad taste, demonstrate a lack of respect
for public morals or conduct, or adversely affect the reputation of the County or sponsors.
Any determination made by the County's judges under this paragraph is wholly within their
discretion and will be final.
- Sponsors of this event and employees of Marin County may participate in the event, but are
not eligible for prize money.
- Each team will have the same amount of time to present to the judges their app/concept at
the end of the coding period.
- Judging criteria is to be published prior to the event. Wholly within their discretion, the
County's judges' determination will be final and not open to appeal.
Win awards, cash prizes, and acclaim — all while serving your community. Details to follow.
Each entry will be evaluated based on the following:
- Usefulness — the app or concept will have a positive impact on Marin County residents, businesses or visitors.
- Usability — the app or concept is intuitive and easy to use.
- Data — the app or concept leverages Marin County datasets or other information within the county.
- Originality — the app or concept provides an innovative or creative approach to an idea that hasn't been proposed before.
- Technology — the app or concept can be used by multiple devices.
Hack 4 Your Health
All good? Join us for a day of fun, food, and civic hacking for the good of the community!